Our Admissions Process
Admissions at Bergen Center for Child Development is usually a multi-step process:
- When families and school districts are considering an out-of-district placement for a student, one of the first steps is often a tour. Parents and school leaders can request a tour to learn more about the program. We welcome this! Call to arrange a visit: (201) 385-4857. We will invite you to learn about our school and answer any questions you have. During the initial tour, we ask that the student not attend.
- If the parent and the school district believe that Bergen Center for Child Development might be an appropriate placement, the next step is a review of relevant records. At this step, school district personnel should send relevant records (IEP, evaluation reports, etc.) to:
Bergen Center for Child Development
140 Park Street
Haworth, NJ 07641
- After a review of the records, Bergen Center for Child Development will contact the Child Study Team. If the student does not appear to be a good match for our program, we will let you know right away. If the student does appear to be a good fit, we will arrange an intake to meet the student. Then, the student can tour the school, meet teachers and learn about our program. If the student is an appropriate candidate for our program, the student will be admitted.
- If there is an opening, the students can begin right away.
- By law we do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race or religion.